Monday, October 4, 2010

"Toasted Skin Syndrome"

Are you kidding me? Has our world and existence become so sedentary that we now have a condition that is brought about by extended exposure to your laptop. Really, parents, kids, friends, rise up and fight the evil mechanical empire that takes away your life. Read a book, ride a bike, take a hike or a stroll, but don't develop "toasted skin syndrome." I just don't get it.


I'm not advocating a complete purging of your technology, far from it. I love my iphone, my mac, my ease and comfort afforded to me by these and other computer based and processed machines. Don't even try and take away my ipod from me, lest you loose your fingers, but really, there is a limit.

I was reading in the The Shreveport Times, online mind you, about This Article and I about fell out of my chair with aggravation.

I just can't see how the situation can get to the point it would cause permanent skin damage and even cancer. Guess this is another instance how our "freedoms" allow us to do negative things to our body, like McDonald's food or Jerry Springer. Parents, Grandparents, concerned friends, it is your duty to kick those booties out of the chair, off the couch and into the world at-large. Do something about it.

1 comment:

mjhambayou said...

You are absolutely correct - you'd have to be an idiot to let this happen!!