Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Shearing

 Louisiana is hot. And when I say hot, I mean, WHOLLY CRAP IT'S LIKE I'M ON FIRE IT'S SO DAMN HOTT!  I guess I may be acting a little over dramatic, but it's pretty warm and humid.  Combine that with our past two week vacation in Montana and the heat seems to be working on me a little more than normal.  For example, when we woke up to catch our flight home on July 9th, it was 39 degrees outside in the crisp, Montana morning.  It made the 100+ Dallas evening somewhat unbearable.  Hard to breath and I felt as if my blood was syrup.  The transition since then has been difficult. 

I find it hard to wear too many clothes and sweating as I walk down the block is pretty usual.  Actually, just standing outside, not moving and I sweat.  Mmmm, LA is fun!  I decided to help ease the transition i would get rid of excess facial hair, which was like a wool blanket on my face.  So, I shaved down to a pretty rad, little 80s mustache.  I kinda dug it but Eliz was not a huge fan.  But, I documented it for funzies. 


The obligatory Before pic.



Throwback to my Goatee days (ah I miss the late 90s early 00s)

This is a mid break just show that the beard was over an inch thick

Voila, this was my go-to facial hair style, I dig it

  
Eliz reaction when she saw it.


Needless to say, she was not a huge fan of my facial hair decision.  She actually wouldn't even give me a kiss and cringed every time she looked at me.  So, I shaved it all off that night.  Too bad, my very short lived mustache days...or should I say, hours. 

No comments: