Monday, July 26, 2010

You, Me, and Jack Johnson

Last weekend, Eliz and I zipped off to D.C. for some fun and revelry. Our two fold mission had a singular theme. Have fun with our friends and have fun at the Jack Johnson Concert! Overall, the weekend was a success.

We flew in late on Friday night and flew out mid morning on Sunday, so it was basically a day in D.C. (truth be told the concert was outside of Baltimore, we just stayed in D.C.). Saturday morning was spent at Great Falls National Park. It was a pretty neat little place. We had the opportunity to watch a couple of kayakers shoot the rapids and an osprey soar over head. We spent too much time there and had to race back to shower up for the concert.

For those of you who are not familiar with Jack Johnson, let me show you a video of his from his new record:



So, he's pretty cool, and one of two or three people I have always really, really wanted to see in concert. It was a good time, but has been a long time since I have been to concert with so many damn people. Eliz and I have been able to stay off the mainstream long enough that the concerts we attend are roughly a tenth that size. I think there were something like 30,000 peeps. That was kinda a nightmare, but worth it to relax in some great music. We were able to pack a bag with fruit, hummus, a baguette, and some bottle water which made it all the easier, and cheaper. I, unfortunately, didn't get too many pics, but I did manage a bootleg video...which won't load up for some reason. But, here is what I do have:



People at the Concert




Jack on the Big Screen





One cool thing that did happen to us was getting bumped to First Class on our flight home. Eliz and I have never had the pleasure to fly first class, where the air is crisp. It was quite possibly the best flying experience I have ever had. We didn't get just three measly options of snacks...no relegated to pretzels, cookies, or peanuts, no sir. We had those options, plus fruit, candy, and candy bars, and we had multiple opportunities to have them. Our drinks were served in real glasses and there was bottled water waiting for us as we sat down (we didn't drink it as we don't support bottle water). It was the coolest part of the day, I must admit. I am all about the free upgrade!



Eliz enjoying the first class


Lastly, I wanted to post a short video of Eliz who was super excited to get there Friday night. I will probably get in trouble for this, but she was standing at the airport, waiting for our ride and doing a little happy dance. I managed to get just a glimpse before she noticed I was filming...


No comments: