Monday, December 1, 2008

Fireproof your Divorce

A couple of months ago I posted a "Fireproof Your Marriage" snippet on a class we were taking at church. It should have been more aptly named fireproof your divorce. I say this as everyone in the class with exception of my wife and I and one other couple had previous marriage. Hell, the instructor had been married three times.

At one point they asked did God want you to only marry one person, to which my wife responded with resounding and somewhat sarcastic "Yeah". Then it seemed as if the next couple of weeks was spent on how divorcing is ok and seeing why the bible hates gays. Actually that was only one week and there were off color jokes, told by participants and the instructor...not falling in line with my philosophies.

It aggravated me on how they can take such a literal view of the bible in one aspect, defending it with raised voices and looks of disdain, but then warp another part of the bible to better fit their situation. I guess hypocrisy is as true and the bible is true. I know I am guilty of being a hypocrite, but man did that bother me.

We decided after that to skip the last couple of weeks to endeavor upon other adventures.

No comments: